Thursday, May 17, 2012

Can't Live with 'em, Can't Live without 'em!

Oh, these children!  I love them to pieces, but boy can they drive me crazy!  Grant- at a little over 2 1/2 just screamed out my name for the last 40 minutes.  I put him to bed and could tell he was trying to stall, but I had no idea it would go on that long.  He wanted his little flash light.  I said no; we were not going to search all over the house for it and it was time to sleep.  He wanted a book.  No, it is too dark.  I left.  He screamed.  I tried to take care an email for Emma's schooling.  The computer was slow and the combination of that and Grant screaming in the background about drove me batty.  I came back in.  He still wanted a book.  I said no, it was too dark.  I left.  He screamed, "Mommmmmayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!" about a hundred times.  I tried to talk to my sister-in-law so I wouldn't just be focusing on the screaming.  I had a hard time doing it, but at least the time went a little faster (and I got to talk to my sister-in-law =) )I went in again.  He wanted his flashlight.  I said no.  I left.  He screamed.  I finished the dishes.  Finally, I decided I would lie down with him in my bed if I needed to.  I could not listen to the screaming any longer.  I went in.  He wanted his nose wiped and to be covered up and I haven't heard a peep from him since.  I guess he wore himself right out.  So, here I am writing a blog post instead of taking care of the millions of other things I should be doing. 
We have had a rough couple of days with the children.  They have been ornery and difficult.  In return, sadly, I have been ornery and difficult.  As Kenneth and I talked about it the other evening, after such a day, we realized we have both been so busy, that they probably just need time with us.  Time with us just to play with them and read to them.    My children are angels when I take the time out to just sit on the couch with them and read books.  Or when I get on all fours and chase them around the room.  Ah, time.  There is never enough. . .
One thing is certain.  They grow up way too fast.  Emma officially completes her Kindergarten year tomorrow.  I will have a first-grader!  I am so glad about our decision to homeschool at this time in our life.  There is not enough time to be carting her off to school each day and to have her miss out on playing with and being with her younger siblings.  Of course, there are those days mentioned above when I wish I had a moment's peace.  But, I wouldn't change a thing.  It's like they say, Can't Live with 'em, Can't Live without 'em!

2 comments:

  1. Motherhood sure is fun sometimes! I'm so glad you are enjoying your homeschool adventures, and I love your birthday interviews! I want to remember to do those this year. Love the fact about leopards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I felt stressed just reading that! I can relate. It really does make you go insane. And then the next day they can be so beyond adorable and caring. Helps to make up for the rougher days. Parenting is definitely not an easy job and you are doing it x3!

    ReplyDelete