Friday, February 24, 2012

Off the Cuff

Do you ever spend way too much time trying to think of an appropriate title for your blog post, or think of creative ways to combine all the happenings as of late into one neat tidy flowing blog post? I spend way too much of my brain energy on this sort of thing. I need to be more 'off the cuff' about it all sometimes. Maybe that way I would actually record more of the adorable and hilarious things my children say and do that make motherhood oh so worth it.

Tonight we happened to go out to dinner with some friends. (Which is very rare for us) Before we went I got down on the kids' level and tried to prep them. I tried to remind them what we should and should not do in a restaurant. I must say they did quite well. I was pleasantly surprised. When I was talking to Grant about it I asked him what he would like to eat at the restaurant. He replied, "Something good for my belly." (Can you tell we talk about what kinds of foods are good for our bodies?) I asked him what kind of food. He got the cutest little smile on his face and said, "corn." What a funny little guy. At the restaurant when we were asking the kids what they wanted to eat from the menu he did it again- whipped out that cute little smile and just said, "corn." He ended up having the largest pancake I have ever seen with scrambled eggs and 2 strips of bacon. . . and he was in heaven.

Arianna chowed down her fish sticks (not sure what possessed her to order those. We don't eat them at our house and maybe she has had them once or twice at Grandma's.) But she gobbled them up like crazy, then ate some french fries. Then we reminded her to listen to her belly and stop when she was full. She stopped for a while and colored and worked on the activities on the blessed children's paper they give out (I was so thankful for that paper tonight- the girls were completely occupied and happy for an hour!) Then she took a break from her coloring, picked up the large leaf of romaine lettuce that was on her plate as a garnish and proceeded to gobble the entire thing up- with no dip or dressing. I must admit I was bursting with pride that my barely 4 year old would do such a thing!!!!

So, there you have it. My off the cuff musings for the evening. As for some real news, Kenneth is having a PET scan on Wednesday. He finally met with his Oncologist on Tuesday and he feels he should have one done to be safe. Kenneth has been feeling great lately, so we hope and pray that it is clean and that this is simply a precautionary measure and will not disclose more cancer. We know that the Lord is looking out for us. I don't believe it to be merely coincidental that Kenneth was asked to speak in church on Sunday on the topic of 'Facing the Future with Faith'.

No comments:

Post a Comment